If you have minor children with your soon-to-be ex spouse you'll need to file a Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship  ("SAPCR") with your divorce.  Filing a SAPCR gives the court an opportunity to hear evidence and make decisions about custody, visitation, and child support. 

Every decision a court makes regarding a SAPCR must be in the best interest of the child.  To make such decisions, courts hear evidence from the past and present, draw conclusions from that evidence, then make assumptions about facts in the future.  Evidence that a child has specific physical, educational, emotional, or mental needs or is interwoven into a social network or community is useful.  Evidence that

a parent's work or school schedule isn't conducive to raising a child alone, drinks or uses drugs frequently around the child, or has a history of family violence is also useful.  However, evidence that one parent makes more money than the other isn't useful for determining custody, although it's helpful for determining child support. 

Call or Text: 512.900.6011

3800 N. Lamar Blvd., Ste 200, Austin, TX 78756